《语言是窗户或是墙》
《Words are Windows or They’re Walls》
鲁思·贝本梅尔
Ruth Bebermeyer

听了你的话, 我仿佛受了审判,
I feel so sentenced by your words.
无比委屈,又无从分辩,
I feel so judged and sent away.
在离开前,我想问,
Before I go I've got to know,
那真的是你的意思吗?
Is that what you meant to say?

在自我辩护之前,
Before I rise to my defense,
在带着痛苦或恐惧质问前,
Before I speak in hurt or fear,
在我用言语筑起心灵之墙前,
Before I build that wall of words,
告诉我, 我听明白了吗?
Tell me, did I really hear?

语言是窗户, 或者是墙,
Words are windows, or they’re walls.
它们审判我们,或者让我们自由。
They sentence us,or set us free.
在我说与听的时候,
When I speak and when I hear,
请让爱的光芒照耀我。
Let the love light shine through me.

我心里有话要说,
There are things I need to say,
那些话对我如此重要,
Things that mean so much to me.
如果语言无法传达我的心声,
If my words don’t make me clear,
请你帮我获得自由好吗?
Will you help me to be free?

如果你以为我想羞辱你,
If I seemed to put you down,
如果你认定我不在乎你,
If you felt I didn’t care,
请透过我的言语,
Try to listen through my words,
倾听我们共有的情感。
To the feelings that we share.